[Seaside] notifying all the visible components before and after a request is received

Martin Rubi mrubi at fibertel.com.ar
Wed Apr 16 18:09:14 UTC 2008

Hi.
I'd like to notify all of the visible presenters before and after a request is handled.
Conceptually, it would be something like this:

-------
MySession>>handleRequest: aRequest
    "This is not code, only an intention of what I would like to do"
 | answer |

 self root visiblePresentersDo: [:each | each beforeRequestHandling].

 answer := super handleRequest: aRequest.

 self root visiblePresentersDo: [:each | each afterRequestHandling].

 ^answer

-------

the reason to do that is that I have some WAComponents of mine which have to lock a resource during the rendering and the callbacks handling. Right now, I'm locking and releasing the resource every time I need to (for instance, in the #renderContentOn: method, but also inside every callback), but I would prefer each component to do it automatically during each request, so I can fogert about it.

The question is: can something like that be done (I mean, would it work for scriptacolous callbacks too and that sort of things) ? And if it is, where and how should I do it ?

thanks in advance
martin