[Seaside] Anybody know what these POST requests are trying to do?

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Mon Feb 4 20:56:02 UTC 2008

Recently our Seaside site has been getting a bunch of requests that are
resulting in the following stack trace (pasted below).

Somebody is hitting our site via an expired session URL, but attempting
to post a bunch of stuff in the process.  It appears to be harmless to
the site, as the post arguments they are putting in the request are not
recognized or being acted upon.

But this is very curious.

Notice the "http://www.pattibus.it/phplib-7.2b/pages/ilosi/dohigal/" URL
they are using in the one I pasted below.  I'm seeing dozens of these,
with this exact URL.  I'm also seeing a bunch with
"http://sahel55.com/articles/omaduro/kimumid/", as well as some with
"http://www.ce-cioceoforum.com/talk/t1/roda/ilubov/" in some of the
other requests.

I've seen these off-and-on over the months.  Sometimes I would get a
few, then I'd go weeks without seeing anything.  But today there has (so
far) been a total of 25 of these types of request come in.  And there
was a bunch yesterday, too.

It looks like a bot of some sort doing this.  But just what do you think
these nuts are trying to do?

Nevin

******************

Dictionary(Object)>>error:
   self                a Dictionary('1'->a WAActionCallback '10'->a WAActionCallback '11'->a WAActionCallback '12'->a WAAct...etc...
   aString             'key not found'
--------
Dictionary>>errorKeyNotFound
   self                a Dictionary('1'->a WAActionCallback '10'->a WAActionCallback '11'->a WAActionCallback '12'->a WAAct...etc...
--------
[] in Dictionary>>at:
   self                a Dictionary('1'->a WAActionCallback '10'->a WAActionCallback '11'->a WAActionCallback '12'->a WAAct...etc...
   key                 'http://www.pattibus.it/phplib-7.2b/pages/ilosi/dohigal/'
--------
Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
   self                a Dictionary('1'->a WAActionCallback '10'->a WAActionCallback '11'->a WAActionCallback '12'->a WAAct...etc...
   key                 'http://www.pattibus.it/phplib-7.2b/pages/ilosi/dohigal/'
   aBlock              [] in Dictionary>>at:
   assoc               nil
--------
Dictionary>>at:
   self                a Dictionary('1'->a WAActionCallback '10'->a WAActionCallback '11'->a WAActionCallback '12'->a WAAct...etc...
   key                 'http://www.pattibus.it/phplib-7.2b/pages/ilosi/dohigal/'
--------
WACallbackStore>>evaluateCallbackAt:with:
   self                a WACallbackStore
   callbackKey         'http://www.pattibus.it/phplib-7.2b/pages/ilosi/dohigal/'
   anObject            ''
--------
[] in WACallbackStore>>processRequest:
   self                a WACallbackStore
   aRequest            a WARequest
   assoc               'http://www.pattibus.it/phplib-7.2b/pages/ilosi/dohigal/'->''
--------
SortedCollection(OrderedCollection)>>do:
   self                a SortedCollection('http://www.pattibus.it/phplib-7.2b/pages/ilosi/dohigal/'->'')
   aBlock              [] in WACallbackStore>>processRequest:
   index               2
--------
WACallbackStore>>processRequest:
   self                a WACallbackStore
   aRequest            a WARequest
   assoc               'http://www.pattibus.it/phplib-7.2b/pages/ilosi/dohigal/'->''
--------
[] in BBSession(WAControllerSession)>>render
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   request             a WARequest
   callbacks           a WACallbackStore
   url                 nil
   n                   nil
--------
BlockContext>>on:do:
   self                [] in BBSession(WAControllerSession)>>render
   exception           WARenderNotification
   handlerAction       [] in BBSession(WAControllerSession)>>render
   handlerActive       true
--------
BBSession(WAControllerSession)>>render
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   request             a WARequest
   callbacks           a WACallbackStore
   url                 nil
   n                   nil
--------
[] in BBSession(WAControllerSession)>>start:
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   aRequest            a WARequest
--------
BlockContext>>repeat
   self                [] in BBSession(WAControllerSession)>>start:
--------
BBSession(WAControllerSession)>>start:
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   aRequest            a WARequest
--------
[] in BBSession(WASession)>>enterSessionWithRequest:
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   aRequest            a WARequest
--------
[] in BBSession(WASession)>>enterSession:
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   aBlock              [] in BBSession(WASession)>>enterSessionWithRequest:
--------
BlockContext>>on:do:
   self                [] in BBSession(WASession)>>enterSession:
   exception           Error
   handlerAction       MessageSend(#handleError: -> a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi))
   handlerActive       true
--------
BBSession(WASession)>>withErrorHandler:
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   aBlock              [] in BBSession(WASession)>>enterSession:
--------
[] in BBSession(WASession)>>enterSession:
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   aBlock              [] in BBSession(WASession)>>enterSessionWithRequest:
--------
[] in BBSession(WASession)>>withEscapeContinuation:
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   aBlock              [] in BBSession(WASession)>>enterSession:
   cc                  a Continuation
--------
Continuation class>>currentDo:
   self                Continuation
   aBlock              [] in BBSession(WASession)>>withEscapeContinuation:
--------
BBSession(WASession)>>withEscapeContinuation:
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   aBlock              [] in BBSession(WASession)>>enterSession:
   cc                  a Continuation
--------
BBSession(WASession)>>enterSession:
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   aBlock              [] in BBSession(WASession)>>enterSessionWithRequest:
--------
BBSession(WASession)>>enterSessionWithRequest:
   self                a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
   aRequest            a WARequest
--------
WAApplication>>handleDefaultRequest:
   self                a WAApplication
   aRequest            a WARequest
   session             a BBSession(/seaside/index/@zpeSshbDYdkoJZVi)
--------
WAApplication(WARegistry)>>handleRequest:
   self                a WAApplication
   aRequest            a WARequest
--------
WADispatcher>>handleRequest:
   self                a WADispatcher
   aRequest            a WARequest
--------
ComancheInterface>>handleRequest:
   self                a ComancheInterface
   aRequest            a WARequest
   url                 nil
   sel                 nil
--------
ComancheInterface>>processSeaside:
   self                a ComancheInterface
   komRequest          HttpRequest (URL=/seaside/index/home; protocol=HTTP/1.0; header=a Dictionary('accept'->'image/gif, i...etc...
   request             a WARequest
   response            nil
   komResponse         nil
   assoc               nil
--------
ComancheInterface>>process:
   self                a ComancheInterface
   aRequest            HttpRequest (URL=/seaside/index/home; protocol=HTTP/1.0; header=a Dictionary('accept'->'image/gif, i...etc...
   url                 '/seaside/index/home'
   searchIndex         ''
   removeEmail         ''
--------
ComancheNetService>>processNetworkRequest:
   self                Service: borges[running] port: 80
   aNetworkRequest     HttpRequest (URL=/seaside/index/home; protocol=HTTP/1.0; header=a Dictionary('accept'->'image/gif, i...etc...
--------
HttpAdaptor(NetworkProtocolAdaptor)>>dispatchRequest:
   self                a HttpAdaptor
   aNetworkRequest     HttpRequest (URL=/seaside/index/home; protocol=HTTP/1.0; header=a Dictionary('accept'->'image/gif, i...etc...
--------
[] in HttpAdaptor>>pvtGetResponseAndDo:
   self                a HttpAdaptor
   blk                 [] in HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation
   ex                  nil
--------
BlockContext>>on:do:
   self                [] in HttpAdaptor>>pvtGetResponseAndDo:
   exception           Error
   handlerAction       [] in HttpAdaptor>>pvtGetResponseAndDo:
   handlerActive       true
--------
HttpAdaptor>>pvtGetResponseAndDo:
   self                a HttpAdaptor
   blk                 [] in HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation
   ex                  nil
--------
[] in HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation
   self                a HttpAdaptor
   ex                  nil
--------
BlockContext>>on:do:
   self                [] in HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation
   exception           Error
   handlerAction       [] in HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation
   handlerActive       true
--------
HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation
   self                a HttpAdaptor
   ex                  nil
--------
HttpAdaptor class(NetworkProtocolAdaptor class)>>readAndWriteTo:target:
   self                HttpAdaptor
   aStream             a SocketStream
   aTarget             Service: borges[running] port: 80
--------
ComancheNetService>>serve:
   self                Service: borges[running] port: 80
   aSocket             a Socket[destroyed]
--------
[] in ComancheServer>>value:
   self                ComancheServer port: 80 [running]
   aSocket             a Socket[destroyed]
--------
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess
   self                [] in ComancheServer>>value:
--------