[Seaside] Re: Re: Re: Ajax delete component only works if#childrenstillreport all previously deleted components?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 08:36:53 UTC 2008

> > For all AJAX callbacks the html-render-canvas from the last full
> > refresh is reused. This is conceptually wrong, it should only reuse
> > the callback-registry.
>
> That was the first thing that got my attention in Michael Lucas-Smith's
> recent post in the "mootools" thread. (btw, I think your perspective on his
> points would be quite insightful).

I don't exactly see what part you are referring too.

> > Anyway, the render-canvas remembers the last component rendered fully
>
> The root component? Leaf? Via canvas render: aComp?

Last time you did call #render: with a component as argument.

> > and from then on uses this component
>
> "Uses" it to processCallbackStream? processChildCallbacks? For any callback
> on any part of the tree? To start collecting #children?

It uses this component as the owner (which is presumably wrong) of the
callbacks in partial render passes that follow.

> > We are working on a solution for Seaside 2.9 that makes all these
> > things go away.
>
> Looking forward to 2.9! Any idea if it might include back-button for Ajax,
> or a javascript decoupled from Prototype/SU framework?

Back-button: No

JavaScript decoupling: Yes, we are slowly working on that.

The question is, what would be useful for other frameworks?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch