[Seaside] Re: FileLibrary / css files confusion - diagnosis: trying to change '/seaside/' in URL messes up FileLibrary ??

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 06:24:36 UTC 2008

"itsme213" <itsme213 at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:flf7i6

> I checked, and that is not what is happening here. I even tried:
>
> styleCss
>    ^ ''
>
> and
>
> styleCss
>    ^ ' body {} '
>
> And the browser (both FFox and IE) still sees an old, complete, css file
> (from somewhere!)

Some progress to report:
I had previously replaced '/seaside/' from my URLs by doing:
 WADispatcher default setName: self 'myBase'.
 WADispatcher default defaultName: ''.

This is apparently what was making my FileLibrary go crazy. When I stopped
messing with this, my #stylesCss starts working fine.

But I _really_ do not want that '/seaside/' in my URLs, even in
non-production (i.e. demo) mode. I have seen the previous (inconclusive)
discussions about doing this.

I'm somewhat stuck right now. Any suggestions?

As a data point, I really think that '/seaside/' in the URL should be
entirely configurable, and totally removed by default.

Thanks - Sophie