[Seaside] Re: FileLibrary / css files confusion - diagnosis: trying to change '/seaside/' in URL messes up FileLibrary ??

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Jan 2 18:44:27 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Lukas" == Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> writes:

Lukas> The point is that Seaside is not a web server. Of course we could add
Lukas> smart dispatchers, proxying, virtual-hosts, whatever ... but we would
Lukas> never reach the speed, quality and functionality of something like
Lukas> Apache. I also don't want to bloat the code with things that are not
Lukas> easily portable across different Smalltalk dialects and web server
Lukas> front-ends.

I'm not asking for any of that.  Just don't make setName: '' break (since
it already works) or give me another public interface to do that.

I also have a suggested refactoring for
WADispatcher>>handlerForRequest:relativeTo: - it's a complex method
with two calls to "WANotFoundHandler new" making it not very subclassable or
pluggable.  Could you replace those with something like "self notFoundHandler"
or something, so I could provide my own not-found-handler class?  A preference
would even be better.