[Seaside] Re: Component granularity & numbers

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 06:59:37 UTC 2008

"Yanni Chiu" <yanni at rogers.com> wrote
> The approach will start to break down when the underlying business objects
> have more specialized behaviour.

If by "specialized behaviors" you mean things that typically involve some
sequence of user interaction, primarily dealt with by WATask or Ajax
equivalents, I include these as well. I think much of these can be automated
by generic components + suitable metadata. I'd be interested in other kinds
of things you consider exceptions as well.

I was looking more for guidance on plain scale of # of components. If a page
shows 5 primary domain objects in some detail, but show another 100 domain
objects in summary, some of them multiple times (e.g. just their names),
should I use 105+ components instances or just 5?

Thanks - Sophie