[Seaside] Re: Component traits library?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:43:33 UTC 2008

> Even so, would elements like this (collapsible, draggable, ....), whether
> decorations, wrappers, or traits, be appropriate for an SUComponentLibrary?

Yes, if such components are generic enough.

> Do some exist already? And what would you add to such a library?

Scriptaculous has always provided a bunch of generic components,
however since style-sheets were missing altogether nobody was noticing
these components. The latest version of Scriptaculous for Seaside 2.9
provides some example style-sheets to advertise these fully AJAX based
components a little bit better. I am sure that other such components
would be very appropriate.

For those that don't want to load Seaside 2.9 yet, I made a small screen-cast:

    http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/seaside/videos/scriptaculous-components.mov

Cheers,
Lukas

--