[Seaside] [Q] Conditional Updating Using Scriptaculous

chunsj at embian.com chunsj at embian.com
Sat Jan 12 09:13:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

To update element with id 'id', I can use html updater id:'id'; ... in scriptaculous.
But there're times that updating is not needed conditionally. For example,
div element "itemList" does have 1000+ sub element in itself and a link
for updating 'itemList' is clicked, but there's no new element added so updating
should not be done. (Doing update does not harm, but it takes 10+ seconds).

How can I do this, "updater with condition"?

Thank you in advance.