[Seaside] How to mark not-cacheable?

Amos aaamos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 00:35:42 UTC 2008

> > How can I put "not-cacheable" in some of my pages http headers, so that
> > when the user uses the Back button to return to them, the browser will not
> > present a cached version?
>
> Look for senders of #doNotCache. That should be default behavior.

Please note that marking a page's "Cache-Control" header attribute as
"no-cache" (which is what #doNotCache does) *should* not influence a
browser's back-button behaviour. (Similarly with setting "Pragma" to
"no-cache" for HTTP 1.0 or setting the date header "Expires" to 0.)

The misleading thing is that Internet Exploder incorrectly interprets
these directives and mistakenly equates caching and the history
functionality. Other (standards-compliant) browsers may not.

Have a look at http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec13.html#sec13.13