[Seaside] Interest in iPhone interface? - but only if for more than just iPhone

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Fri Jan 18 13:37:38 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 13:20 , Sebastian Sastre wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> 	to make the app consise for desktop *and* mobile devices is really a
> challenge. I can't think in that withou remaking to adapt almost all
> components to those little screens in mobile devices. The domain
> model will
> be 100% shared the presentation domain will be near zero and is the
> is the
> most heavy cost this days.
>
> 	Ofcourse we can wait vendors develop cheap holographic screens of
> cubic 19" for mobile devices but that will take some time :)
>
> 	Have you ideas about how to achieve something acceptable today that
> does not imply an entire rebuild of the presentation domain?

Has anybody experience with approaches like wurfl/wall (there exist
libraries for PHP and Java)? The idea basically is to write html and
then automatically generate output depending on the capabilities of
the mobile device. This shouldn't be too hard to implement in Seaside
(e.g., by porting wall from PHP) but I don't have experience with how
well this generic approach works in practice...

Cheers,
Adrian