[Seaside] Re: lightbox - used in a callback - what am I doing wrong?

John Thornborrow john at pinesoft.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 17:21:00 UTC 2008

itsme213 wrote:
> I believe #lightbox cannot be used within Ajax callbacks, only with full
> page redraws.

This is my understanding too.

> e.g. Something like this should work:
>
> html anchor
>   callback: [ self lightbox:
>      (SUClassBrowser new newClass: MyTestClass)];
>   with: [html image url: ...]
>
> Hth - Sophie

That's how I use it.

I'd imagine something like the following could work, but I am merely
brain dumping/storming, I have not even tried, let alone tested it, and
it will need heavy tweaking. CSS wouldn't be pleasant, either:

html div
  id: 'foo';
  style: 'position:absolute;float:left;left:100px;top:100px'.
html anchor
  onClick: (html updater
    id: 'foo';
    callback: [ :ren | ren render: SomeComponent new ]);
    with: 'Show YourComponent'.

Regards,
John