[Seaside] Help wanted with a small Seaside e-commerce application

Matthias Berth matthias.berth at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 18 15:37:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am looking for a consultant (or a student wanting a nice summer job)
to help me get a small e-commerce application from the current
prototype stage to launch. The application is based on Seaside and
Pier, major missing features are:

- credit card processing (should be done via an external provider)
- customer billing information
- persistence (something like SandstoneDB should be enough)
- invitations (users inviting other users)
- recording of transactions (sending an email and putting an entry
into a log when someone buys something)
- various deployment issues (squeak on linux), like backup at regular
intervals, communicating via http with another process.

The system currently has around 60 classes of which 16 are unit tests
or Albatross tests. The system will be launched in stages, e.g.
invitations won't be there initially.

I am willing to let you publish non-proprietary parts of this as open
source. For example, a good packaged solution for credit card
processing (maybe based on code from Ramon's image) would be nice to
have for Seaside newcomers.

If you have proven Seaside skills and an attitude to produce
well-tested and refactored code, please apply with a sample of your
work. If you cannot show code, please apply anyway, but be prepared to
complete a (paid) trial task.

You should work remotely, preferably in a European timezone. Payment
will be by the hour, rates to be negotiated based on your skills. You
should have at least 10 hours per week.

Cheers

Matthias

PS: I have also posted this job on ODesk,
  http://www.odesk.com/jobs/Help-wanted-with-small-Seaside-commerce-application_~~874ec6e0654eedab?tot=1&pos=0
  How do I get it on http://jobs.squeak.org/ or
http://smalltalkjobs.dabbledb.com/ ?