[Seaside] Using the EditArea Javascript library

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 10:15:44 UTC 2008

2008/6/7, Carl Gundel <carlg at libertybasic.com>:
> I'm trying to use the EditArea Javascript code editor (check it out at
> http://www.cdolivet.net/editarea) but it's not clear at all
> to me how to write the Seaside code to make it work.
>
>  Here is the example used in the documentation to show how the control is
> placed into a page.  Any recommendations?

Pretty standard stuff:

updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
    super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
    anHtmlRoot javascript url: '/editarea/edit_area/edit_area_full.js'.
    anHtmlRoot javascript add: 'editAreaLoader.init({id :
"textarea_1",syntax: "css" ,start_highlight: true});'

renderContentOn: html
    html form: [
        html textArea .... ]

I'm not sure whether the second JavaScript really works. Do not even
think about running this with anything but Firebug.

Cheers
Philippe