[Seaside] Issue with moving from Seaside 2.6 to 2.8...

Richard E. Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Wed Jun 11 14:09:43 UTC 2008

Hi all..

I'm back to work some more Seaside code after having been away from it
for almost a year.
Anyway, I've got a new VW 7.6 image loaded up with the latest Seaside/
Glorp + others and
then I loaded my app and tried running it and get the following stack
dump when the code
is looking for #remoteAddress on a Seaside.WARequest object..  Any
ideas on what's messed
up?  I did notice that the config page of Seaside is vastly different
when configuring each app
and I'm impressed with how that works now -- even my Glorp stuff is
showing up there -- very
slick!  Anyway, if you've got any ideas on this issue below, that
would be great!  MTIA!

-- Rick
Message not understood: #remoteAddress

Debug Proceed

Possible Causes

you sent a message this type of object doesn't understand
Stack Trace

thisContext
Seaside.SeasideRequest(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
self
SeasideRequest[GET /seaside/myscrip HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost:7777 User-
agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_5_2; en-us)
AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1 Safari/525.13
Referer: http://localhost:7777/seaside Accept: text/xml,application/
xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/
*;q=0.5 Accept-language: en-us Accept-encoding: gzip,deflate
Connection: keep-alive ]{GET /seaside/myscrip headers: Dictionary
('accept-language'->'en-us' 'connection'->'keep-alive' 'accept-
encoding'->'gzip, deflate' 'user-agent'->'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U;
PPC Mac OS X 10_5_2; en-us) AppleWebKit/525....etc...
aMessage
a Message with selector: #remoteAddress and arguments: #()
excpt
a MessageNotUnderstood
resumeValue
nil
thisContext
optimized [] in Seaside.WASessionProtector>>remoteAddressFromRequest:
self
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASessionProtector>>remoteAddressFromRequest:
aRequest
a Seaside.WARequest GET /seaside/myscrip
thisContext
Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
self
Dictionary ('accept-language'->'en-us' 'connection'->'keep-alive'
'accept-encoding'->'gzip, deflate'...etc...
key
'x-forwarded-for'
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASessionProtector>>remoteAddressFromRequest:
2
obj
nil
thisContext
Seaside.WARequest>>headerAt:ifAbsent:
self
a Seaside.WARequest GET /seaside/myscrip
aKey
'x-forwarded-for'
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASessionProtector>>remoteAddressFromRequest:
thisContext
Seaside.WASessionProtector>>remoteAddressFromRequest:
self
a Seaside.WASessionProtector
aRequest
a Seaside.WARequest GET /seaside/myscrip
thisContext
Seaside.WASessionProtector>>verifyRequest:
self
a Seaside.WASessionProtector
aRequest
a Seaside.WARequest GET /seaside/myscrip
thisContext
Seaside.WASessionProtector>>updateRoot:
self
a Seaside.WASessionProtector
html
a Seaside.WAHtmlRoot
thisContext
optimized [] in Seaside.WASessionContinuation>>updateRoot:
self
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASessionContinuation>>updateRoot:
each
a Seaside.WASessionProtector
aHtmlRoot
a Seaside.WAHtmlRoot
thisContext
Seaside.WASessionProtector(Seaside.WAPresenter)>>withNextPresentersDo:
self
a Seaside.WASessionProtector
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASessionContinuation>>updateRoot:
thisContext
optimized [] in Seaside.WAPresenter>>withNextPresentersDo:
self
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAPresenter>>withNextPresentersDo:
ea
a Seaside.WASessionProtector
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASessionContinuation>>updateRoot:
thisContext
MyScrip.MSWApplicationMain(Seaside.WAComponent)>>decorationChainDo:
self
a MyScrip.MSWApplicationMain
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAPresenter>>withNextPresentersDo:
thisContext
optimized [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>nextPresentersDo:
self
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>nextPresentersDo:
ea
a MyScrip.MSWApplicationMain
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAPresenter>>withNextPresentersDo:
thisContext
optimized [] in [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>childrenDo:
self
BlockClosure [] in [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>childrenDo:
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>nextPresentersDo:
ea
a MyScrip.MSWApplicationMain
thisContext
BlockClosure>>cull:
self
BlockClosure [] in [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>childrenDo:
anObject
a MyScrip.MSWApplicationMain
thisContext
MyScrip.MSWApplicationMain(Object)>>ifNotNil:
self
a MyScrip.MSWApplicationMain
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>childrenDo:
thisContext
optimized [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>childrenDo:
self
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>childrenDo:
ea
a MyScrip.MSWApplicationMain
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>nextPresentersDo:
thisContext
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
self
#(a MyScrip.MSWApplicationMain)
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>childrenDo:
1
thisContext
Seaside.WAToolFrame(Seaside.WAComponent)>>childrenDo:
self
a Seaside.WAToolFrame
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>nextPresentersDo:
thisContext
Seaside.WAToolFrame(Seaside.WAComponent)>>nextPresentersDo:
self
a Seaside.WAToolFrame
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAPresenter>>withNextPresentersDo:
thisContext
Seaside.WAToolFrame(Seaside.WAPresenter)>>withNextPresentersDo:
self
a Seaside.WAToolFrame
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASessionContinuation>>updateRoot:
thisContext
optimized [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>visiblePresentersDo:
self
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>visiblePresentersDo:
ea
a Seaside.WAToolFrame
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASessionContinuation>>updateRoot:
thisContext
Seaside.WAToolFrame(Seaside.WAComponent)>>decorationChainDo:
self
a Seaside.WAToolFrame
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WAComponent>>visiblePresentersDo:
thisContext
Seaside.WAToolFrame(Seaside.WAComponent)>>visiblePresentersDo:
self
a Seaside.WAToolFrame
aBlock
BlockClosure [] in Seaside.WASessionContinuation>>updateRoot:
thisContext
Seaside.WARenderContinuation(Seaside.WASessionContinuation)>>updateRoot:
self
a Seaside.WARenderContinuation
aHtmlRoot
a Seaside.WAHtmlRoot
thisContext
Seaside.WARenderContinuation>>newHtmlRoot
self
a Seaside.WARenderContinuation
htmlRoot
a Seaside.WAHtmlRoot
thisContext
Seaside.WARenderContinuation>>processRendering:
self
a Seaside.WARenderContinuation
aResponse
a Seaside.WAResponse 200