[Seaside] Re: Confused over the use of WAExternalFileLibrary...

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 13:15:36 UTC 2008

> Ahh.  But what I didn't ask is that I'm wondering if I can set / to be
> "files", but "/seaside" and below to still dispatch to seaside as before.
> *That* would rock.

This is currently not done, but would certainly be doable.

>  Thanks, Lukas, it's nice to see that piece get addressed.

It got addressed and there was a running implementation the day the
issue was raised the first time in the list ;-)

> It means I can
> mostly get rid of my own directory emulation library and just dump files
> from an image into a subdirectory marked with a version number on
> deployment.

One thing I forgot the mention is that this implementation uses Sport
(LGPL) for the platform independent file-access. This could be a
problem for some people. I guess we have to write our own
compatibility layer at some point.

Cheers,
Lukas

--