[Seaside] Re: Updating multiple elements when a multi-select changes

Paul Price paul at unitmath.com
Sun Mar 16 14:39:28 UTC 2008

Lukas Renggli <renggli <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >   onClick: (html evaluator
> >     callback: [:script |
> >       script canvas updater triggerForm: formId.
> >       script element id: modelId;
> >         render: 'test ' , digitsEx.
> >    script element id: 'Show Exp Model';
> >      render: 'test # changed digits' ,
> >     sciNotEx])
>
> Why do you have a special updater inside the evaluator?

Because it is the only way I have seen to trigger a from.

>I guess it
> would make more sense to have "triggerForm: formId" directly with the
> evaluator.

Yes, my question is how do to do that given the script variable and the formId?

> >    Sorry to ask this question, I read many of the last posts
> >  (including most with #evaluator), and all the tutorials I could find,
> >  but I'm stuck.
>
> Other than that, please read:

Thank You, I have, and will continue to.

> Post a working one-click file-out, and not a long mail full of code
> snippets. I don't have the time to spend hours trying to reproduce
> your situation.
>
> Lukas

Sorry I don't know how to post a working one-click file-out.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Paul

Other things I've tried to trigger the form in onClick:.

script triggerForm: formId.
          debugger SUScript does not understand triggerForm:
script canvas triggerForm: formId.
             debugger WARenderCanvas does not understand triggerForm:

The following do not throw a debugger, but also don't trigger the form.
script updater triggerForm: formId.
script canvas updater triggerForm: formId.
script canvas updater triggerForm: formId.
script canvas updater id: modelId;  triggerForm: formId
html updater id: modelId; triggerForm: formId.
script element updater id: modelId; triggerForm: formId.
script element canvas updater id: modelId; triggerForm: formId.