[Seaside] Seaside vs. Traditional

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Mar 29 17:30:36 UTC 2008

>> From a business programming perspective, I don't want have to understand web
Rob> page layout or need a CSS designer.  I want to be able to drag components
Rob> around on the screen, wire them up to my [well tested!] model, and have them
Rob> behave as expected!

Ahh.  You're still living in the illusion that the Web is WYSIWYG.  It isn't.
Different browsers render things different ways.  How will your app act on a
browser that's twice as wide?  Half as wide?

Properly designed web applications are *not* done using Photoshop.  They're
constructed using sound design principles, to adapt to their environment.

Create functional markup, and style it with CSS.  Please.  If people had done
that properly, we wouldn't see this huge rush to now prepare "normal",
"mobile" and now "iPhone" versions of sites.  Gah!