[Seaside] How to create a new session

Christian Haider Christian.Haider at smalltalked-visuals.com
Fri May 30 11:02:37 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am stuck with the following problem:

I am working on a registration component which does:
1. get all info from the user
2. set the timeout of the session to 24 hours
3. call a component which sends >self answer< as a link in an email message. This means that the session waits until the link in the email is clicked.
4. on return the timeout is reset and the new user is registered and logged in.

So far this basically works, but in step 3 I want to continue with a new session while the registration session waits for the answer.

I tried to fork the call, but this disturbs the whole seaside mechanism. Then I tried >self session start:< and >self session redirect:<, but no new session is created.

I didnt see any obvious way to create a new session - does anybody know? Or is there another way to handle this kind of situation?

Cheers,
    Christian