[Seaside] ANN: Seaside 2.9a1 release

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 14:43:59 UTC 2008

2008/11/11 Lautaro Fernández <evaklo at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> 2008/11/9 Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com>
>>
>> [...]
>> A more complete list of change and new features can be found at
>> http://seaside.st/community/development/seaside29
>
> That page (under Modularization) says the following:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> It allows for smaller Seaside installations. For example you can have
>> Seaside without the tests or without Kom and use Swazoo 2 instead.
>>
>> [...]
>
> This mean that just a few changes need to be made in order to get a working
> Swazoo-Seaside server?
> Could you tell me a place to see a how-to use this modularity in order to
> make the port of Swazoo to work with Seaside?

- don't load Kom, DynamicBindings, KomServices, Seaside-Adapters-Swazoo
- load SPort
- load Swazoo 2
- load Swazoo-Seaside form http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside29LGPL
- load Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo (from the mail repsitory)
- done

The whole thing is outlined here:
http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/LoadOrder
With the very latest code, starting it is a bit different.

Cheers
Philippe