[Seaside] SEO and Seaside

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 06:41:08 UTC 2008

>  I just looked at seaside.st and lukas-renggli.ch and all the internal links
>  have session information.
>  Can you elaborate more on what it takes to make Pier SEO-friendly?

As a first step you need to make parts of your application restful
using #initialRequest: and #updateUrl:. This is something that comes
built-in with Pier.

Then there are different possibilites:

1. Leave it like that. Google and other search engines will show links
with _s and _k from expired session, but since these links restful
they silently create a new session at the given location.

2. Use the Google Webmaster Tools and make it strip _s and _k from
indexed results. This is what I am doing on my Pier site:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=site:lukas-renggli.ch>.

3. Provide a sitemap. This is an XML file listing all the restful
entry points to your application. AFAIK sitemap are considered by
several major engines up to now. Philippe wrote a sitemap plugin for
Pier.

HTH,
Lukas

--