[Seaside] sharing sessions through links..

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Oct 28 18:14:44 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Randal" == Randal L Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> writes:

Randal> I explained in the article why I don't agree with such
Randal> features. However, those are really server-side issues, not
Randal> client-side issues. Really, the cookie only needs to distinguish a
Randal> particular browser and then it's up to the application to decide what
Randal> policy they want to make about that browser in accordance with the
Randal> user's wishes.

I guess, what I'm really trying to get across, is that all this writing and
rewriting and deleting of cookies is rather wasteful. Write a cookie once to
"brand the browser", and then leave it alone. You can implement any policy you
want regarding authentication, session timeout, convenience, and so on, once
you branded the browser.