[Seaside] Clarifying error

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 19:04:30 UTC 2009

> To clarify what I get with various versions of the seaside one-click,
> if I install the one-click seaside image, and run software update twice, it
> throws
>
> deprecation warning  initialsPerSe - please use fullNamePerSe

This is a (known) Pharo issue. Please report such problems on the Pharo list.

> If I run software update only once on the one-click seaside image, which
> updates to 10343, it doesn't show that error.

I don't think you should run software update in non-core images, e.g.
images that have other packages loaded such as  the Seaside one-click.
Uupdating the base system influences all loaded code and might break
the base system or the loaded packages in various subtle ways. Some
people reported that updating worked for them, but I think in recent
versions of Pharo the menu item has been hidden.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli