[Seaside] simple example for a simple man?

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Aug 20 21:27:12 UTC 2009

Lawson English wrote:
> Thanks. At this point, my needs are exceedingly simple. But, its not
> obvious to me how to get started. At the simplest level, I simply want
> to create one or more webpages of arbitrary GUI complexity that can POST
> input to some external website from a page served in localhost.

The Seaside GUI bit I presume you can easily pick up in Seaside
tutorials (the book) or whatever.

Making POSTs from Squeak can be done using various means - Curl (you
need the plugin though) and HTTPSocket (old "standard" stuff) probably
all can do it - but you also have HttpClient:

http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/httpclient

I have used that package to build a rather advanced HTTP robot for a
customer and it does POSTS etc quite handily - even through HTTPS using
stunnel as a relay.

regards, Göran