[Seaside] Looking for experiences

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Wed Jul 1 18:05:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 14:48 -0300, Gabriel Cotelli wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We want to start the development of a web application using Seaside...
> we're evaluating if we use just GLASS (we already have experience with
> GemStone) or if it's convenient to have Visual Works (as Web Server
> and handling the rendering) and let the persistence be in GemStone.
>

> Does anyone have any experience to share for similar configurations?

I have an application running on glass, too. I'm really satisfied with
what I have. Using gemstone only as persistence layer is IMHO not
beneficial in any way. You just get rid of the good part that it is
all in one image and you don't have to care about marshalling and
transactions at all if you don't want to.

Norbert