[Seaside] Subclasses part II

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Sat Jul 4 07:11:26 UTC 2009

> In my application I have
>
> WAComponent < A < B < C.
>
> C is calling 'initialize', so therefore I have to also call 'super
> initialize' all the way up? So each class above C need to have:
>
> initialize
>     super initialize.
>
> Correct?

C new
	will call aC initialize (the instance side initialize methods)

if you did not defined on your C class then the one of the
superclasses (normal lookup of methods) will be applied.

Now if you have

C>>initialize
	myCStuff

you have to define

C>>initialize
	super initialize.
	myCStuff

and recursively on your superclasses too.

If one method initialize does not do a call to super initialize you
may break WAComponent behavior that
relies on having the WAComponent>>initialize method invoked.

I hope that it is clearer.

Stef