[Seaside] MAPictureDescription missing from Magritte???

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 08:10:01 UTC 2009

Hi John,

MAFileDescription used to display the uploaded image in earlier
versions. I changed that to simply put a link for various reasons.
There are many different ways to display a picture, sometimes
applications need to add special tooltips, make them clickable or
resize and convert them to a special format.

> I assume I'll need to add these classes (MAPictureDescription +
> MAPictureComponent) to Magritte?  ----John

That would be a possibility, if you need some sophisticated meta
capabilities on pictures. For me I mostly went with the
MAFileDescription:

   descriptionPicture
      ^ MAFileDescription new
         accessor: #picture;
         addCondition: [ :file | file isImage ];
         componentClass: MAPictureComponent;
         yourself

The condition ensures that only images can be uploaded. The component
class changes the default view to a custom subclass of MAFileComponent
that automatically resizes and displays the picture.

If you want to contribute an MAPictureComponent I am sure some people
would be interested to use such a plugin. However I doubt that it is
possible to write it in a platform independent way, so that it could
be part of Magritte-Seaside.

Btw, there is a special mailing-list for Magritte, see
<http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/magritte>.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli