[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside 2.8.4

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 00:27:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Seaside 2.8.3 is the fourth maintenance release for Seaside 2.8. It
> >> includes small fixes and improvements. For more information see the
> >> change-log below.
>
> Upps, of course I was referring to Seaside 2.8.4.
>
> > Excellent news!!! Will you also create a new one click Pier image using
> > seaside 2.8.4?
>
> In fact the Seaside 2.8.4 developer image also contains the latest
> Pier code. So, if you don't mind the Seaside branding and that the
> image contains the latest development code of Pier (not a numbered
> release), feel free to use this image.

Ok, I did it but I found 2 problems (fixed):

1) This image doesn't have the MC package XMLSupport (XML-Parser package).
So, if you try to use Import/Export Pier widget, you will have a "key not
found" in DataStream>>readInstance  when it tries to do:

newClass := Smalltalk at: aSymbol #XMLDocument asSymbol.

After installing that package, it worked.

I think this sohuld be added to the standard image or something.

2) In my case, SULibrary was making my app not to render properly. I removed
it and then it works perfect.

I hope this helps. I will let you know if I have more problems.

Cheers,

Mariano