[Seaside] Re: MAPictureDescription missing from Magritte???

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 07:11:56 UTC 2009

> !MMAImageFileDescription class methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified'
> stamp: 'jtc 6/8/2009 16:29'!
> defaultReportColumnClasses
>
>        ^ Array with: MMADescribedImageColumn! !

That subclass is not really necessary, because you can reconfigure any
description instance to use your customized view:

    MAFileDescription new
        reportColumnClass: MMADescribedImageColumn;
        componentClass: MADescribedImageComponent;

>        html image
>                id: 'XXX';
>                document: myValue contents mimeType: myValue mimetype

Something like this used to be part of Magritte. However, your table
or form will "explode" if you upload a typical 12 MB picture ;-)

I guess to make this really useable you need some code to resize the
picture accordingly. And this is unfortunately not possible on
different Smalltalk dialects in a platform independent way.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch