[Seaside] Why isn’t my serverside callback occurring when I use ‘jQuery ajax’ in 2.9?

Steven Noble steven.noble at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:31:48 UTC 2009

Hi

I haven't seen this question asked before; I apologize if it has.

I'm trying to do something like this in seaside 2.9

html button
 onClick: (html jQuery ajax
  serialize: (html jQuery this);
  script: [:s | s << (s jQuery id: stratId) append: [html text:
'bing'. html break]]);
 callback: [2 inspect];
with: 'add option'.

and as I expect my div with stratId is getting appended but I'm not
getting an inspect window in my squeak image? What's the right way to
do this?

note that I also posted this question to stackoverflow at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/679607/why-isnt-my-serverside-callback-occuring-when-i-use-jquery-ajax-in-seaside-2-9
if someone wants to answer the question there.  Might help push
seaside out in public a bit.

Many thanks,
Steven H. Noble