[Seaside] Explicit rendering of a logging component

Zirbler cj-bachinger at gmx.de
Thu May 14 10:19:43 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I try to render a logging component to show the user what my software is
doing while he is waiting after clicking on an html anchor. The problem is
that I need an explicit refresh of the logging component to show the actual
status. I looked in this forum and found "WARenderLoop new call: aComponent"
which renders my component fine, but calling this, the code after it, is not
longer executed. It does not run to the halt. Any comment welcome.

bookingsClose
    |file|
    self markets do: [:market|
        file := market createExcelFile.
        self loggingComponent addMessage: market name , ' Excel file
created'.
        WARenderLoop new call: self loggingComponent. "Explicit render
loggingComponent"
        self halt.
        market emailSend: file.
        self loggingComponent addMessage: market name , ' Email sended'.
        WARenderLoop new call: self loggingComponent. "Explicit render
loggingComponent"
        ...].

thanks in forward