[Seaside] rails niceties equivalents?

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Thu May 14 17:18:53 UTC 2009

> Subject: Re: [Seaside] rails niceties equivalents?
>
> I see Magritte has already been mentioned.
>
> We have been using Ramon Leon's SSForm in Gemstone, for edit/add forms
> and find it easy to setup something quick and to customise where
> necessary.

Found at...

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/SentorsaSeasideForms'
    user: ''
    password: ''

For those who don't know, since I haven't really blogged about it.  It's a
form building superclass that lets you write as little code as possible to
get a form up and going and works with either your domain model object, or
the form itself acting as the model in cases where you just need a simple
form.  It's reflective and relies both on method naming patterns and pragmas
for customizing the form or simply overriding the auto-generated stuff on a
field by field basis with manually written custom code.

There's also some event based hooks so you can catch an auto-generated tag
and modify or ajax it up allowing you to customize without having to write
all the html manually.

There are 3 basic base classes that give different layouts, one based on CSS
using divs, one based on fieldsets where you can group fields, and one based
on tables where you can specify via a selector exactly what fields are in
each row.  There's a sample of each included for testing.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com