[Seaside] Accessible news slider in JQueryWidgetBox (was: Adding javascript without encoding)

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Mon Nov 23 17:50:49 UTC 2009

Hi Sebastian,

looks like you want to wrap the "accessible news slider"
jquery script. I've already wrapped it for you as part of the
JQeryWidgetBox project [1] together with an example and tests.

Just browse the source code to see how it is done, I think
you should use the upload facility of the Seaside config
tool for WAFileLibrary subclasses to prevent encoding problems.
(see the howto in [2]).

To use the full widget box you need
- a Seaside 3.0 image (preferred Pharo)
- then load JQWidgetBox-Loader-tbn.11.mcz from [1]
- point browser to http://localhost:8080/browse/jquery-widgets

If you just want to use this sole widget you need

in production:
- JQWidgetBox-Core
- JQWidgetBox-AccessibleNewsSlider-Core

additionaly for tests and examples:
- JQWidgetBox-Dev
- JQWidgetBox-AccessibleNewsSlider-Dev
- then evaluate "JQWidgetExample initialize" again manually

If you want to help wrapping jquery widgets there is a
short howto guide at [2].

Have fun
Torsten

[1] http://squeaksource.com/JQueryWidgetBox