[Seaside] Significant differences between Continuation Class & WAContinuation Class?

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:59:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 21:15 +0200, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> renderContentOn: html
> 	html render: 'Click the button to generate a continuation Url'.
> 	html form: [
> 		html submitButton
> 			callback: [ self generateUrlOn: html ];
> 			with: 'Go' ]
>
> generateUrlOn: html
> 	| url |
> 	url := html context actionUrl
> 		withParameter: (html callbacks
> 			store: (WAActionCallback on: [ self inform: 'Got Me' ])).
> 	Transcript show: url asString.
> 	self inform: 'The url is: ' , url asString

OK but if I change the generateUrlOn: html to

generateUrlOn: html
        | url |
        url := html context actionUrl
                withParameter: (html callbacks
                        store: (WAActionCallback on: [ hmtl render: 'Got
Me' ])).
        Transcript show: url asString.
        self inform: 'The url is: ' , url asString

When I access the link I get this error:

MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of "print:" is nil

So I still do not know/understand how to display a component when the
created link is clicked.  What do I change to do that?  I've tried
several combinations of things that create different errors.

Thanks

Paul