[Seaside] out of box security on seaside 3.0...?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Thu Apr 22 21:50:55 UTC 2010

Hey all, I am told that there are differences in default security
between 2.8 and 3.0. A friend managed to crack 2.8 in many different
ways by forcing things into the default debugger mode and then issuing
1-line smalltalk commands in the debugger workspace pane.

I've been asked to do a demo of seaside 3 for Second LIfe and I was
wondering what I need to do to make it secure enough to open a port on
my home comp to random users to play with during a lecture?

For that matter, what kinds of things would you think a group of people
might want to see demoed?

My use-case for seaside in SL is as a localhost server on a HUD, so that
SL users can do everything that conceivable might be done from a webpage
that is SL related (that's a lot of stuff from scripting to external
inventory management to whatever).

Thanks.

Lawson