[Seaside] How to export web configuration to code

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 08:01:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Tim Mackinnon <tamackinnon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys - finally trying to get beyond dabbling and more into doing.
>
> Anyway - as I've been trying things out, I've build up a little sample
> application where I've configured required libraries and things in the web
> based control panel for seaside. When I loaded this into a fresh image
> however - I don't have my settings anymore. Is there something that I can
> use to export the settings I have in my old image into code so I can load
> them back again? Or do I have to figure it all out and use WAAdmin calls in
> an initialize method?

Hi Tim. As Nick said, all the things that you can configure from /config
page, can also be done in code (of course!). Thus, it is better to do it by
code as you can then put it in a class side #initialized, in a metacello
#preDoITs, etc.

Now I wonder if seaside could do that automatically and somehow export the
configuration...that would be cool.

Finally, for you Pharo settings (if you are in Pharo and wants to export
also the settings of your image), in the new Pharo Settings (in 1.1) there
is an easy way to export all the settings configuration into a file. Then,
you can import it in other image and get the same settings.

Cheers

Mariano