[Seaside] Wrapping Ned' Zip Viewer in a Seaside Component..

Tim Murray tmurray at ecsorl.com
Wed Aug 11 13:35:57 UTC 2010

Good Morning.

In tandem with my file upload work, I will be uploading and unzipping
zip files.

I cam across ArchiveViewer which exists on both Pharo and Squeak and I
am going to be using that as the starting point for this component.

The idea is that after an user uploads a Zip file, they can unzip it,
view its contents, etc.

Also, SCORM uses zip for packaging content and this could be a useful
thing should anybody decide to build a SCORM compliant Seaside app.

If anybody sees a future for a generic version of this in Seaside and
would like to suggest a design pattern to adhered to support other
"viewers" please provide any comments.

I am just now starting my study of ArchiveViewers so this may be
premature, but my idea is to use ArchiveViewer as the controller in a
MVC pattern with my SeasideComponent the view and the zip file the
model.

Thx.

t.