[Seaside] Re: Differences in calling render: from ajax?

TimM tamackinnon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 14:03:13 UTC 2010

TimM wrote:

> through where it does the rendering (e.g. that JSObject>>render:on:) it
> seems that my component then renders without the s,k  - so it seems like
> I've not got the right context or something (this is all new stuff to me).

I think it is something to do with the context, the following gets me
closer (this is a method in my main component, which is listening to
model changes and then initiates a commet request) - but now I get weird
stuff happening (it seems to call random different callback methods?)

generateUpdateScriptWith: aJQuery
| aContext |

aContext := self requestContext.
aJQuery renderContext actionUrl: aContext request uri.

	^(self waitersView ajaxReplaceWith: aJQuery) , (self holderView
ajaxReplaceWith: aJQuery)