[Seaside] Re: Squeak 4.1 / Seaside / "One-Click" images

John McKeon p3anoman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 19:47:57 UTC 2010

I think Lukas was referring to a Pier one click image. The
Squeak4.1-Seaside3 image does include Magritte and Pier, but lacks several
often-used Pier add-ons; most notably the Pier-Blog package and the
Pier-Setup package The latter contains code to create a Pier with several
pre-packaged pages (including a blog component) and looks more "ready to
go".

So for future reference of Squeak users, to get the Pier one-click kernel
(or a reasonable a facsimile) you must additionally (and minimally) access
the pier2addons repository from source.lukas-renggli.ch and load Pier-Blog
then Pier-Setup, then evaluate:

PRDistribution new register

Alternatively, one could just load the ConfigurationOfPier2AddOns in the
Metacello Repository which will load alot of other useful addons as well.

Sincerely
John McKeon

http://john-mckeon.us/seaside