[Seaside] Refactoring menu bar code for Seaside App..

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Mon Aug 16 22:37:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:45:55 -0400, Sean Allen
<sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com> wrote:
> I would create actual menus for each type of menu so you can work with
> objects rather than a list of items and blocks.
> I find objects/components much easier to refactor, debug etc.

So, create an object for each menu?  My old code used something
similar with class side methods indicating whether the menu
was applicable for each type of user or not.. I'm just trying to
find a nice clean way to implement a lot of different menus.

By the way.. The method I referenced from the Seaside blog
tutorial earlier was (I believe) based on the material from
this post :
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx/index.php/2008/01/03/seaside-menus/

I was perusing through the list archives and found an interesting
discussion back in 2008 regarding menu components and the use
of announcements.. I need to read up on them again as I'd really
like to better know what they're doing under the hood and to
possibly find a short example of their use with regards to a menu
system.. They're one of those scratch-my-head areas that I'm not
comfortable with yet..