[Seaside] Re: onkeypress Jquery

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 09:41:47 UTC 2010

If I understand well, normalization is because of the incompatibility of
different browsers.

For my application, i want to have some hotkeys. For example, by pressing
escape, i want to unfocus from a form, by pressing 'n' i want a new form to
be rendered to put data.

I am trying to create a simple Knowledge manager and speed is important.

2010/8/20 Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>

> Furthermore, if you use JQuery you don't need to do such checks, event
> objects get automatically normalized:
> http://api.jquery.com/category/events/event-object/.
>
> Lukas
>
> On 20 August 2010 07:50, TimM <tamackinnon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis wrote:
> >
> >> I want that when a specific key is pressed (like the escape key) , that
> an
> >> action is performed . Can someone give me the exact answer using Jquery.
> >
> > If you look at the thread "JQuery Expressions" - Lukas wrote:
> >
> > "I usually suggest to try to factor out more complicated functions to
> > an external Javascript file and just call them from Seaside. The code
> > generation is really not designed for arbitrary expressions, although
> > that would be an interesting project."
> >
> > I suspect your answer might be to put this code in an external file and
> then
> > call it from Seaside.
> >
> > That said - is your function to prevent non-numeric input? If so there is
> > aJQuery plugin for that - load up JQueryWidgetBox, I think it has
> examples
> > for what you might need (I haven't got to this bit yet myself - but its
> on
> > my hit list).
> >
> > Tim

> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential,
intended solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally
privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are
susceptible to alteration.
I shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.

Sincerely yours,

     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis