[Seaside] SeasideTesting and WebTester w/ Selenium

Bart Gauquie bart.gauquie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 06:56:16 UTC 2010

 >Given that SeasideTesting will rely on FFI for external browser testing
and that WebTester uses sockets for that, my impression is that WebTester
will have >no problem to get to work in Gemstone. I am therefore pondering
on how to proceed with the port of the external browser testing in
SeasideTesting. I have >the impression it makes more sense to combine
SeasideTesting and WebTester for this.

I've only tested WebTester on Pharo. Not on Gemstone yet. I've had to apply
a hack in HttpSocket for WebTester because there is a bug in Selenium RC's
internal webserver. Symptoms without the hack were timeout exceptions trying
to connecting to the Selenium RC. If HttpSocket is available in Gemstone, it
should work.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Kind Regards,

Bart

--
imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere -