[Seaside] Does anyone offer Seaside hosting yet?

Jan van de Sandt jvdsandt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 12:42:26 UTC 2010

On 8/25/10, Davorin Rusevljan <davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com> wrote:

> But I guess even plain vanilla Seaside or Pier ami would be a great
> thing. Though it would need to be maintained on regular to keep basis
> it up to date with latest seaside images.

Creating an AMI image takes quit some time. I is not very efficient to
create a new AMI every time there is an update to the Seaside image. It is
better to run a startup script when the AMI is started. This startup script
can copy an up-to-date Smalltalk image from some well known location.

Great that you are already running a Pier setup on EC2 for a year. What are
your experiences with uptime? And how do you make sure that you don.'t lose
any data when the EC2 image goes down? I guess by saving the image regularly
on EBS or S3

Jan.