[Seaside] JQuery UI slider updates textfied and textfield updates slider: how to?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sat Aug 28 17:43:25 UTC 2010

  On 8/27/10 3:19 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> >  MyTestSlider>>renderContentOn: html
>> >      self renderExplanationOn: html.
>> >  html form: [
>> >            html text: 'slider value here: '.
>> >        html textInput
>> >           value: self current;
>> >      callback: [ :value | self current: value ].
>> >     html div script: (html jQuery new slider
>> >        value: self current;
>> >        onStop: (html jQuery ajax
>> >    callback: [ :value | self current: value asNumber ]
>> >  value: (html jQuery this slider getValue))
> Try to add something along the following lines to your onStop: event:
>
>     , ((html jQuery id: 'id-of-your-textfield) value: html jQuery this
> slider getValue)

I'm not quite getting the syntax. Not sure how the line you gave me fits
in with the rest (or what it does, for that matter).

Usually I can play with the syntax until the compiler accepts it, then I
can try to figure out WHY the compiler accepts it.

Can't get the compiler to accept an addition/modification along the
lines you suggest, and I'm not good enough with smalltalk to just "read
it" and tell what needs to go where.

Lawson