[Seaside] Re: pier help
yanni at rogers.com
Tue Aug 31 23:11:01 UTC 2010
laurent laffont wrote:
> I'm trying to understand how Pier works, especially rendering content.
Here's the rough understanding that I have.
- the content is held in instances of PRStructure subclasses
- PRPage is the most important subclass, with regard to wiki content
- the wiki syntax that a user submits, is parsed into real objects (i.e.
a parse tree), and these parse tree objects are from the PRDocumentItem
- each PRPage holds the parse tree for a page of content
- if you inspect/explore the class variable named "instances" of the
PRKernel class, you will see the content/pages/parse-trees
- to display content, the parse tree is traversed by an appropriate
subclass of PRVisitor
- in the case of displaying content via Seaside, the important class to
look at is PRViewRenderer. This visitor traverses the page/document
parse tree, and during the traversal, invokes Seaside rendering code
which results in the appropriate HTML being emitted.
Hope that helps to get you started.
More information about the seaside