[Seaside] Problem with Seaside: Pharo is almost out of memory

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 20:53:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 7:31 PM, ivan rojas <ivanrohe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is my very first email, so let me introduce myself. I am Ivan Rojas,
> student at the University of Chile. As my first project in Pharo and
> Seaside, I am working on a server that compute metrics (same spririt than
> Hudson, but more general and with a nicer output).

Excellent, congratualtions!

> I am stuck on a problem that appears for the second time. When I open my
> image, I get the message:

So...the first time, you can run the image, you save it, and when opening
again, you get that message?
which is the size of the image on disk once you save it ?

As Sebastian said, most of the times this error is due to a recursion :(

do you have a PharoDebug.log  ?  if true, attach it.

It's a pity it is on startup, because otherwise there may be other things
you can do. For example, you may be able to start a CPUWatcher and see if
there is a process that takes a lot of CPU (if it is a recursion it may
probably take not only a lot of memory but also cpu).

Cheers

Mariano