[Seaside] Get the html created by a render method to use as a string in another method

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 21:12:00 UTC 2010

Hi-

When I try the example below using WARenderCanvas #builder as you
mention the label is not placed in the tab.

renderContentOn: html
	| testTab b |
	b:= WARenderCanvas builder
		render:
			[ html render: 'hello'.
			html anchor
				url:'http://www.google.com';
				with:'Google'].

	testTab := (html jQuery id: 'test-tabs') tabs
		add:
			((html jQuery ajax)
				html: [ :h | h render: 'The Test Tab' ];
				fullUrl)
		label: b .

	(html div)
		id: 'test-tabs';
		script: ((html jQuery new tabs cache: true) , testTab);
		with: [ html unorderedList ].

The temp var 'b' is an empty string after it is set to the results of
the call to WARenderCanvas.  But the word hello and the Google link
appear above the tabs, and the tab has no label.

What I'm trying to get is the word 'hello' and the Google link to be the
label for the tab I create in testTab.

I don't understand why the value of b is an empty string and why the
word 'hello' and the link to Google appear on the page if the value of b
is ''.

Thanks for your help.

Paul