[Seaside] requestContext respond: to return custom html

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 03:09:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm implementing a multifile uploader form, using a hidden iframe and
directing the forms 'target' property to the iframe. It's almost working
apart from I want the response from the each form submission to be some
status I can report back to the user. I'm trying to ensure the iframe only
contains a simple response as follows:

renderIFrameContent
self requestContext respond:
[ :response |
response
contentType: WAMimeType textHtml;
nextPutAll: (WAHtmlCanvas builder
documentClass: WATagDocument;
fullDocument: true;
render: [:html |
html div
id: #uploadResults;........

however it seems that when my code executes the response buffer already
contains the header html so at best the output ends up as:

id="imageUploadResults">.....

that is my code adds to the existing response stream which already contains:

Is there a way to clear the response buffer/force a new response or is there
a better approach?

Thanks

Nick