[Seaside] can't add component page in magritte/pier on Seaside-3.0

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Tue Feb 9 02:44:32 UTC 2010

I cannot set the seaside component class in a new Pier page. I tried
this on:  (1) the image I built, (2) build #44 from
hudson.lukas-renggli.ch, (3) Seaside 3.0a5 from www.seaside.st
The attempt yields a validation error:
     Component Class: Invalid input given

There is no implementor of #dispatchCallback (called by
MASelectListComponent>>renderEditorForGroupedOn:) in images (1) and (2),
and image (3) has a different implementation (but still can't set the
component correctly).

Further digging gets me to the reason for the validation error. The
default WAComponent is not in the list returned by:
     PRComponent class>>componentClasses
I can get past the validation error if I add WAComponent to the list,
but then it still does not set the component for the page. I'll give up
at this point, and use code to insert the component page.

--
Yanni