[Seaside] Serving non-html dynamically

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Fri Jul 2 16:24:09 UTC 2010

Hi Sven,

I have occasion to return dynamically generated documents that open in Excel. The following gives the general approach (where 'self returnCSV' is in an anchor callback block):

MyWAComponent>>#'returnCSV'

	| response |
	response := WAResponse
		document: self asCSV
		mimeType: (WAFileLibrary mimetypeFor: 'csv')
		fileName: self caption , ' (' , DateAndTime now printString , ').csv'.
	response doNotCache.
	self session returnResponse: response.

James