[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside 3.0 RC

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 14:04:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Nick Ager <nick.ager at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm very pleased to announce the release of Seaside 3.0 RC
>
> Fantastic news. A couple of minor things I've noticed:
> The categories aren't sorted, so that Seaside categories appear in the order
> in which they are loaded. I guess this is a matter of personal preference,
> but could potentially confuse those new to Seaside. For those that prefer
> sorted categories, execute:
>    Categorizer sortAllCategories.

Yeah, I don't know. The fact that Pharo doesn't even have that menu
option anymore suggests to me that this is not what people expect...
<shrug>

> I noticed that Pier and Magritte were loaded in the image but no dispatcher
> registered. Perhaps a Pier instance could be registered in the final release
> image? A dispatcher can be registered for Pier with:
>    PRPierFrame registerAsApplication: 'pier' kernel:  PRDistribution new
> kernel.

I had the same thought but I think I checked the previous one-clicks
to see if they had it registered... if preference is to register one,
that's fine with me. Could you file issues for these?

Julian